Wednesday 14 January 2009

Patrick McGoohan, be seeing you.


Image from theprisoneronline.com

It's not often I am affected by the death of a celebrity. The passing of Joe Strummer, John Peel and Kurt Vonnegut all touched me. And then again today I can not possibly put into words the sadness that I feel at the passing of Patrick McGoohan. The James Bond that never was, a man of conviction and high morals in life and on film. He was a great influence on me in my formative years when Channel 4 aired The Prisoner in the early 1980s and I've loved his screen presence ever since. Didn't matter what it was. But it was The Prisoner for which I, like most, will remember him. The phrase "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own" will forever be filed, stamped and indexed on my memory.

Obituary

No comments: